Thursday, July 23, 2015

National Geographic Photo of the Day: July23rd of 2015

Picture of a man steering a boat on the Ganges, West Bengal, India
July 23, 2015

The Boatman

Photograph by Sirsendu Gayen, National Geographic Your Shot
“It was just before the autumn in Bengal, when I was searching for kash flower[s] here and there,” writes Sirsendu Gayen, a member of our Your Shot community. “On receiving positive news from my friend ... I managed to travel by a country boat through the Ganges beside Mayapur in [the] Nadia district of West Bengal. To my utter surprise it was a rainy day. The sky was fully covered with dark cloud[s]. Naturally, I was not at all happy with it. So I thought to capture something different, and ultimately I shot this picture, where I have tried to demonstrate the breaking of [a] scene down into graphic shapes and lines.”

No comments:

Post a Comment