Wednesday, December 18, 2013

National Geographic Photo of the Day: December 16th of 2013

Sunbathing Cows, Andalusia

December 16, 2013
Picture of cows on a beach in Spain
December 16, 2013

Sunbathing Cows, Andalusia

Photograph by Andrew Lever
This Month in Photo of the Day: National Geographic Photo Contest Images
I was driving along the beach highway when I noticed the bulls sunbathing on the empty beach. I initially thought I was seeing things, but no, it really was sunbathing cows! I had to park my car a fair distance away, and that meant a long walk along the beach in 35 [degrees Celsius] heat. It did not matter because I had to get the shot. When I got closer to them I was careful not to spook them so I crawled on my stomach on the hot sand to get a good picture of them. Mission accomplished! It was worth the effort. Tarifa Beach, Andalusia, Spain.
(This photo and caption were submitted to the 2013 National Geographic Photo Contest.)

No comments:

Post a Comment